Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soaked to the bone and having a Blast

Hi Everyone,

I just got home from spending two (2) day's with Damaris at their Vacation Cabin. It was alot of fun. We road our bikes 20 kilometers to get here. I don't know how many miles that is. It was alot of excersise and alot of fun. We got there Monday night and took a 3 hour nap. I guess we were tired. Then we ate cucumber and cheese sandwitches and learned a little German. I hope I can learn alot more before I come home. Then we decided to talk because that is what girls do best and then we went to bed! On Tuesday we slept in until 11 and then tried to cook noodles with tomatto sauce. It turned out pretty good. Then we read until 4 and I took a nap and Deedy went for a walk. Then we decided we were hungry again, even though we had already ate way to much. So we had more cucumber and cheese sandwitches. They actually taste really good. Then we talked and went to bed. We were so productive. LOL. Today we got up at 8 and decied we had better go home before the rain came. I am sooooooooooo glad the Lord led us to see that then because we got to a village 5 kilometers from where we met the train to go home and there was a little ice cream store so we had vinilla ice cream in orange juice. That tasted really good. When we went to get on our bikes to leave it started to down pour. We road 30 mimnutes in the pouring rain. That was a BIG ADVENTURE. When we met our train we were soaked. WOW. I have never felt that wet in my whole life. The train ride home was sooo nice after that.

Well now we are home and dry but it is still raining.

I will write about the trip to Berlin Tomorrow , when I can download pictures.

Hope you all are having a Blessed Summer.

Thanks for all the prayers as I have been home sick alot.

I am sooo glad that God has called me here for such a time as this.

I am having a blast.

God Bless.

Hannah

5 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Dear Hannah,
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. It is so nice that you that you could go to DyDee's family vacation cottage. These will be times you will never forget. When you get back you will have to make me a cheese and cucumber sandwich. It sounds delicious. I had an opportunity to see a really good fried of mine who I haven't seen in 22 years. Her name is Chris and she is from Holland so she speaks English and Dutch. We had a nice visit and watched an old video that had your mom and I in it as kids. It was so fun. I think Rick and Michael had more fun watching us watch the video than the video itself. Michael continues to count down the days until summer work is over. If you get this blog in time he would love to see pictures of the Czech Republic it is on his heart to someday visit there because it is part of his heritage. Anyway I am thinking of you and pray all is going well. Today is Grandpa and Grandma's
46th anniversary. They will leave to Cape Cod tommorrow and Katie will be leaving Monday to Washington DC to prepare for her trip to Germany. All is well with us and we hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Germany. Tell everyone Hello. God Bless You sweetheart.
Love Aunt Becky

The Hansen's said...

Hi! Honey! Missing you but know that the Lord has an awesome plan for your life this summer. We are enjoying the VM Conference. Many people are asking about you. And many are reading your blog! It is 11:00 PM here and Dad and I are getting ready for bed, but wanted you to know we love you and we are praying for you! Talk to you soon.
Mom

six chicks mom said...

Hey girl - you are having more fun than me right now - the humidity has to be over 100 - just kidding but it feels really really HOT! Fair time is often muggy and miserable at times. The rodeo was good and the clown was "clean" this year, as in jokes etc. Nice switch. Cucumber and cheese sandwiches sound "dainty" and un-filling, but tasty at the same time. Did you put any of the cucumbers on your eyes? I heard that is relaxing - I'd rather eat mine!! Continue "soaking" it all up, and I don't mean the rain! Love ya! Melting in Nebraska: Christi Berns

six chicks mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey hannah! Sounds like you are having so much fun. It is getting hot here. Today its about 104. The fair was good. We closed the food stand last night, so we didn't get home till after midnight. Keep writting, i love to hear about all that you are doing. Have a good week! Love ya, Stephanie